Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Good day is good

Just received the e-mail this morning; New Apartment Achievement is unlocked. Hopefully will be able to move  in by mid-March. This will undoubtedly be one of the easiest moving experiences in the history of the sordid act. The new domicile, which will either be christened the Citadel of Nastiness or Mad McCready's International House of WTF, is a block away from where I currently live. This means that I can simply walk the majority of my possessions over to the new place, making the moving of the remainder of the big stuff a short process. My personal stuffs are few, as I'm not a fan of lots of stuff. At any rate, go me.

Just finished reading this

Lovely piece of work, edited by a gentleman who went to my alma mater, Sonoma State University. Overall, an excellent read. Not all the stories revolve around Ol' Squidface. In fact, many of the stories in the anthology go quite far in the expanding upon the bizarre nature of the Cthulhu mythos. A couple of the stories were so abstract that I unfortunately had to give up on them. (No, I'm not going to tell you which ones they are, as YMMV.) At any rate, with writers such as Brian Lumley, Cherie Priest, Charles Stross, and Ramsey Campbell in the mix, you can't go wrong. Four out of five stars.

Also, got a Pinterest account today. Don't know yet if it's social media craze that's going to sweep the nation, but damn it if some people don't take awesome pictures. If you want to add me on it, you can do so here.

Also, I forgot how incredible this band was. Miranda Sex Garden. Madrigal singers with a love for Nick Cave.


You're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment