Friday, June 21, 2013

Review: The Ocean at the End of the Lane- Neil Gaiman

The Ocean at the End of the LaneThe Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I've been waiting for this book for quite some time, and was not disappointed. Gaiman creates a beautiful story about childhood in specific, people in general, and how memory affects both. This story is more in the vein of The Graveyard Book than more intricately detailed stories such as American Gods or Neverwhere, but that's not to say it's not a complex story. Years ago, my father gave me a copy of Charlotte's Web, recommending that I read it at least once a year, as I'll get something new out of it with each reading. I strongly suspect that The Ocean at the End of the Lane will be the same way.

Gaiman did confuse the myth of Hathor with the myth of Sekhmet, but these things happen.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment