Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Serious book recommendation of the day


This just came out today, and I felt behooved to make you aware of it. Hollow City is the sequel to Ransom Riggs' magnificent novel Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children, which I'm sure you read and adored.

You haven't read it? Go read it. I'll wait.

As I was saying, this is a sequel to Riggs' novel of odd children, time travel, and  vintage photographs taken wayyyyyy out of their original context. It can be argued that Riggs is gearing this more towards the YA crowd, but I would say that Riggs' first work in the series is sophisticated enough where it counts to be enjoyable by all. I'm just finishing up reading Benjamin Kane Ethridge's Nomads (Which there will definitely be words about here.) and then I'll be cracking this one open.

Hollow City is available through Amazon in meatspace, and in ebook format for Kindle and Nook. Riggs might even be coming to your town. You can find out here.

Also, here's a video of an evil robot baby.



No comments:

Post a Comment