Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I'm not going to say that Amtrak's wifi is as slow as molasses...

...But I'm not going to say it's faster either. It's enough to make one believe the internet is made up of tubes.

So, I finished my NaNoWriMoYaMoBeThere writing. 50,009 words. Are you ever going to see it? Definitely, in about seven or eight different pieces probably. I did the math, and in order to complete this to my liking, I'm looking at about 140-150k in word count, and that's getting a bit too War and Peacey for my personal tastes. I'm going to melt it down and reuse the components elewhere. And now....

What I learned from NaNaWriMoBettaBlues

1. It is easier to write two thousand words you want to than is to write five hundred words you don't want to.- Enough said.

2. Vector of approach is everything.- When I looked at what I was doing as a potential novel, I hated it. When I looked at it as ton of writing notes, it became useful.

3. Getting in the habit of writing 1500+ words a day is worth any inconvenience.- This is where I would say "I would do it all over again to learn this." which is totally true, except for the part where I actually do it all over again.

4. Completing your goals is kinda neat.- Once again, enough said.

So now I'm going to take what I learned and apply it to my actual WIP. I let it go for a bit to complete the more challenging bits of the Calliope Project, then did the NaNoWriMoFoPartyPlan, so my baby has been left to percolate for a good couple of months. Looking forward to it.

Pulling into Portland now. Byeeeeee.

No comments:

Post a Comment